Issuing ABTC card
APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) is a type of document issued by competent authorities of countries and territories participating in the APEC Business Travel Card Program to their businessmen to facilitate business travel to carry out trade, investment and service cooperation activities; to attend conferences, seminars and other economic purposes in the countries and territories of APEC participating in the Program. ABTC card holders, when entering and exiting the countries and territories listed in the card, do not need a visa of those countries and territories (Currently, there are 19 countries and territories) participating in the ABTC Business Card program including Australia, Brunei, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Russia, Mexico).
I. Criteria to be considered and allowed to use ABTC
1. For businessmen and businesses where they are working:
a) For businessmen:
- Being a Vietnamese citizen, 18 years age or older, having full civil act capacity, working stably and long-term (with an indefinite-term labor contract), holding a position at an businesses in the province which are legally established in accordance with the law, meeting the provisions of Clause 3, Article 1 of Decision No. 54/2015/QD-TTg dated October 29, 2015 of the Prime Minister.
- Having a labor contract, a decision on appointment of a position or a document proving the position currently held.
- Do not include in the cases that have not been allowed to leave the country according to the provisions of Vietnamese law.
- Having a passport issued by a competent authority of Vietnam, valid for at least 12 months.
- Having a document from the business where the businessman is working, requesting permission to use ABTC card.
b) For the business where the entrepreneur is working:
- Having been in stable operation for 12 months or more.
- Having sufficient production and business capacity and ability to cooperate with partners of countries or territories that are members of the ABTC card program; having activities of signing, business cooperation, trade, investment and service with partners from member countries or territories participating in the ABTC card program.
- Complying with the provisions of Vietnamese law on businesss, taxes, customs, labor and social insurance in the process of production and business activities.
2. For cadres, civil servants and public employees:
a) Being appointed by the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee to attend meetings, conferences, seminars and other activities of APEC.
b) Having a passport issued by a competent authority of Vietnam, valid for at least 12 months.
c) Having a written request from the governing body to allow the use of ABTC card.
II. Quantity and composition of application for permission to use ABTCs
1. For businessmen of businesses wishing to use ABTCs, prepare 02 copies of application to be submitted to the Department of Foreign Affairs, including:
a) A written request for permission for the businessman to use the ABTC card, signed and stamped by the legal representative of the business.
b) A copy of one of the following papers: Decision on establishment of business, certificate of business registration.
c) A copy of the decision to appoint to the position or the document proving the position (present the original for comparison when submitting the application).
d) Copy of valid passport.
e) A copy of one of the most recent papers and documents, but not older than 01 year from the time of application submission to prove the investment, trade, production and business cooperation relationship between the business and partners in APEC countries or territories, such as economic, trade and investment cooperation contracts; trade commitments, goods import and export quotas, goods import and export or service provision documents …
g) A copy of the social insurance book. For cases which the obligation to participate in compulsory social insurance has been fulfilled as prescribed, it shall be replaced with a certification of the business or relevant papers to prove it.
h) A copy of the labor contract (except for cases where the business is not required to sign a labor contract as prescribed by law).
2. For cadres, civil servants and public employees:
a) A written request for permission to use ABTCs signed and stamped by the head of the agency in charge of the cadres, civil servants or public employees.
b) Being appointed by the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee to attend meetings, conferences, seminars and other activities of APEC.
c) A copy of the valid ordinary passport.
Individuals and businesses wishing to use ABTC cards to facilitate business and expand markets in APEC can contact the Center of Foreign Affairs Information and Services for guidance and support, according to the information below:
Center of Foreign Affairs Information and Services, Department of Foreign Affairs of Lang Son province
Address: 1st floor, 10 Hung Vuong street, Chi Lang ward, Lang Son city, Lang Son province;
Phone: +84 2053 896 899
Hotline number: Mr. Vu Bang Giang; Phone: 0911253666